- Batch ProcessingBatch data processing is an efficient way of processing high volumes of data where a group of transactions is collected over a period of time.
- Cloud ComputingStoring, accessing, and processing data and /or programs on remote servers that are accessible from anywhere on the internet as opposed to using local computers (whether desktop or servers located on-premise).
- Cluster ComputingWhen computing is done by two or more loosely or tightly computers or systems (called nodes) that work together to perform tasks so that, in many respects, they can be viewed as a single system.
- Dark DataData that is gathered and processed by enterprises and organizations not used for any meaningful purposes and hence it is ‘dark' and may never be analyzed
- Data Analytics
- Data Lake
- Data ManagerData manager is someone who'll help collect, analyze, and apply data towards a business goal such as increase revenues or reduce costs. They'll have deep understanding of the with respect to their sources, various attributes, applicability to business functions, and ability to analyze.(...)
- Data MiningData mining is the process of sifting through large data sets to identify and describe patterns, discover and establish relationships with an intent to predict future trends based on those patterns and relationships.
- Data ScientistData Scientist is a person who can work with massive amounts of data (structured and unstructured) and use their skills in math, statistics, and programming to clean, massage and organize the data and be able to tell stories with those visualizations.
- Data WarehouseA large store of data accumulated from a wide range of sources within a company and used to guide management decisions.
- Descriptive Analytics
- Diagnostic Analytics
- Distributed File SystemDistributed File System is a data storage system meant to store large volumes of data across multiple storage devices and will help decrease the cost and complexity of storing large amounts of data.
- ETLETL or also known as 'Extract, Transform, Load' is the process of ‘extracting’ raw data, ‘transforming’ by cleaning/enriching the data for ‘fit for use’ and ‘loading’ into the appropriate repository for the system’s use.
- Fuzzy LogicFuzzy logic is an approach to computing based on "degrees of truth" or truth values of variables vary between 0 and 1 rather than the usual "true or false" (1 or 0) of Boolean logic. It originated with natural language processing and is meant to address the concept of partial truth.
- Graph databasesGraph databases use concepts such as nodes and edges representing people/businesses and their interrelationships to mine data from social media. A key concept of the system is the graph (or edge or relationship), which directly relates data items in the store.
- In-Memory Computing
- IOTIOT, also known as Internet Of Things, is the interconnection of computing devices in embedded objects (sensors, wearables, cars, fridges or people/animals etc.) via internet and they enable sending / receiving data.
- Load BalancingLoad balancing refers to distributing workload across multiple computers or servers in order to achieve optimal results and utilization of the system.
- Machine LearningMachine learning is a method of designing systems that can learn, adjust, and improve based on the data fed to them. Using predictive and statistical algorithms that are fed to these machines, they learn and continually zero in on “correct” behavior and insights.
- MapReduceMapReduce is a programming model with Map and Reduce being two separate items. In this, the programming model first breaks up the big data dataset into pieces called tuples so it can be distributed across different computers in different locationswhich is essentially the Map part. Then the(...)
- Object databaseAn object database (also object-oriented database management system, OODBMS) is a database management system in which information is represented in the form of objects as used in object-oriented programming. Object databases are different from relational databases which are table-oriented.
- Predictive Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics
- RR is a programming language for statistical computing and acts as an alternative to traditional statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, and Stata. It is an extensible, open-source language and computing environment for Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, and Linux platforms. Such software allows for the(...)
- Stream Processing
- Structured DataStructured data is basically anything than can be put into relational databases and organized in such a way that it relates to other data via tables.
- TerabyteA relatively large unit of digital data, one Terabyte (TB) equals 1,000 Gigabytes. It has been estimated that 10 Terabytes could hold the entire printed collection of the U.S. Library of Congress, while a single TB could hold 1,000 copies of the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
- Unstructured DataUnstructured data is data that is not contained in a database or some other type of data structure– email messages, social media posts and recorded human speech etc.
- Weather DataWeather data is an open public data source that can provide information about weather around the world and this can be manipulated to obtain lot of insights if combined with other sources
- XML DatabaseXML Databases allow data to be stored in XML (Xtensible Markup Language) format. XML databases are often linked to document-oriented databases. The data stored in an XML database can be queried, exported and serialized into any format needed.
- YottabyteA Yottabyte is a measure of storage capacity equal to 2 to the 80th power bytes or, in decimal, approximately 1,000 zettabytes, a trillion terabytes (TB) or a million trillion megabytes. Approximately 1,024 yottabytes make up a brontobyte.